Rabbit with garlic
A rabbit cut into pieces (1.5 kg).
8 garlic cloves.
Pepper and parsley.
Oil and salt.
- In this step, we want to get the oil to taste the garlic. For this, in a frying pan we will put a cup of olive oil and 8 cloves of garlic. Leave it for about 30 minutes over a low heat. The garlic cloves should not be burnt, if we observe that they are toasted excessively, we will lower the fire a little more.
- Finally, remove the cloves of garlic, and reserve the oil. We also reserved 2 cloves of garlic that we will use for the vinaigrette in the next step. We prepare a lemon vinaigrette, which we will use as a sauce for the rabbit and the potatoes.
- We will use 8 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of half a lemon, and the 2 cloves of garlic that we had reserved from the previous step. Crush the 2 cloves of garlic well with a mortar, until left as a puree. Then, slowly add the oil, stirring constantly, with the help of hand rods. Finally add the lemon, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and beat it until it is well attached.
- Note: the vinaigrette oil is not the one we prepared in the previous step, we must use a good virgin olive oil.
- To fry the pieces of rabbit, we will use the oil with flavor of garlic that we have prepared at the beginning. We put the oil to heat to fire medium-high. As soon as it is hot, add the rabbit, previously salted, and fry until golden and crisp (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Chop a very finite garlic clove, put 4 or 5 tablespoons of garlic flavored oil in a clay pot (we could also use a frying pan), add the chopped garlic and briefly stir, add the rabbit and leave it 3 minutes more . We serve it with some fries and we add the lemon vinaigrette above.